Irondequoit’s Pop-up Art Market
“Pop up”- Definition of Pop up: informal: to appear suddenly or unexpectedly
GET READY IRONDEQUOIT!
CREATE ART 4 GOOD & I-Square
invite you to participate in
the SECOND ANNUAL Pop-up Art Market
You are invited to participate in a wonderful pop-art market in the heart of Irondequoit. Create Art 4 Good is joining forces with I-Square to create the second annual pop-up art market. This market will be held on I-Square property 775 Titus Avenue, Irondequoit, NY 14617 in a newly paved area near I-Square.
The Irondequoit Pop-Up Art Market seeks to share high-quality fine art and craft with the Irondequoit Community. This Art Market aims to support artists with a quality opportunity to share and sell their work. This juried exhibition is sponsored by the owners of I-Square and Create Art 4 Good.
This finely curated exhibit will be held in cooperation with I-Square’s annual Fall Festival and will be held on Saturday, September 29th, 2018, from noon until 5pm. This fantastic event draws patrons to I-Square in Irondequoit to enjoy activities, music, great food and art! Last year patrons were dazzled at the quality work the juried pop-up artists presented. It was a very successful event which has inspired the SECOND year!
Patrons will enjoy the fantastic fall festival which includes hayrides right to the doorstep of our Pop-Up Art Market. The market is a sponsored collaboration between I-Square and Irondequoit Resident Susan Carmen-Duffy who owns Create Art 4 Good, which currently resides (when not popping up elsewhere), at the historic Hungerford Building.
All correspondence and inquiries should be addressed to: Susan Carmen-Duffy: Susan@CreateArt4Good.org or 585.210.3161
In the “Pop-Up” world, things seem to move a little more quickly than usual so hold on tight! Here is the list of important dates that you will need to know to participate:
DEADLINES, DATES and DETAILS for The Pop-Up Irondequoit Art Market
- Application deadline August 25, 2018
- Notification of accepted artists no later than September 1, 2018
- You will be invoiced for show fees along with your acceptance letter.
- Invoice for fees associated are due no later than September 8, 2018.
- Fees not paid by September 12, 2018 will result in forfeiture of your secured booth for this exhibition and will be offered to someone else.
- It is possible to share a booth, however each party must apply for jury review. If both artists are accepted into the pop-up, the remaining details (amount of postcards, fees etc.) will be divided in half-the same details apply
- There are no early setups-there will be people available to help you unload your vehicle. Please mark your preferred time on your application and we will do our best to place you in that time slot.
- We WANT to promote you! Please check all information for accuracy including your name as it should appear, address, phone numbers, email address and website.
- There will be no electricity. If you have electricity needs, please plan on using battery for power. No generators will be permitted.
- Upon acceptance, you will receive via email your vendor packet. This will confirm your setup times and other details that are helpful for your success.
GETTING THE WORD OUT: This exhibit will be advertised on both sponsor websites, as well as other opportunities in print, press releases and more. Each booth will receive a minimum of fifty postcards (unless you only want twenty-five) or even more if you wish! We are excited about this exhibit and we will shout it from the rooftops!
The Irondequoit Artist Market requires that work be originated with the artist. Work will not be accepted if it is created from commercial kits, patterns, stencils or molds; buy and sell items; imported items; beaded jewelry made solely by restringing commercially produced or purchased beads; or created using someone else’s designs. By submitting an application, each artist affirms that the work presented is original to the applicant. Prints are acceptable, however, your booth display should be a minimum of 70% original work. (this does not apply to photographers or printmakers)
Each booth will be a 10’ x 10’ space. Each artist is responsible for their own set up to include a tent, tables, and chairs. Each artist is required to keep all items within their booth space so that isle may be kept clear. Each artist will handle his/her own sales including appropriate sale tax. Each artist must display a NYS sales tax collection certificate.
- $65 booth fee 10’ squared space
- $75 corner booth fee: 10’ squared space
- $35 Shared booth fee: 10’ squared space (applicants must have pre-determined someone to share a space with. Each accepted applicant will pay $35 for a total of $70.
LIABILITY & INSURANCE
The Pop-Up Irondequoit Art Market will not be responsible for damage, theft or loss. Each artist exhibits at his or her own risk and should carry appropriate insurance. Neither the Create Art 4 Good nor I-Square is responsible for damage, theft or loss of an individual’s work.
You have been through all the details, are you ready for the fun?! JOIN US! This promises to be one amazing and successful exhibit
Electronic notification: Acceptance notifications will be sent electronically; watch for yours via email. Space assignments and other pertinent information will be emailed in early September.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Susan – Susan@CreateArt4Good.org
Are you an artist and wish to take part?
Find your application here
I look forward to working with you!