“Pop up”- Definition of Pop up
informal: to appear suddenly or unexpectedly-
GET READY IRONDEQUOIT!
We are having the first Pop-up Art Market!
If you are reading this, then congratulations! You have been invited to participate in a wonderful pop-art market in the heart of Irondequoit. Create Art 4 Good is joining forces with I-Square to create the first annual pop-up art market. This market will be held on I-Square property 775 Titus Avenue, Irondequoit, NY 14617 in a building that was formerly a farmer’s market.
This finely curated exhibit will be held in cooperation with I-Square’s annual Fall Festival and will be held on Saturday, September 30th, 2017, from 11am until 4pm. This fantastic event draws patrons to I-Square in Irondequoit to enjoy activities, music, great food and this year ART! Last year the owners of I-Square claimed this as their most successful event. How exciting is that?
Patrons will enjoy the fantastic fall festival which includes hay rides right to the doorstep of our Pop-Up Art Market. The market is a sponsored collaboration between I-Square and Irondequoit Resident Susan Carmen-Duffy who owns Create Art 4 Good, which currently resides (when not popping up elsewhere), at the historic Hungerford Building.
In the “Pop-Up” world, things seem to move a little more quickly than usual so hold on tight! Here is the list of important dates that you will need to know to participate.
All correspondence and inquiries should be addressed to:Susan Carmen-DuffySusan@CreateArt4Good.org or 585.210.3161
DEADLINES, DATES and DETAILS for The Pop-Up Irondequoit Art Market
- Application deadline: August 7th, 2017
- Notification of accepted artists no later than August 15th
- You will be invoiced for show fees along with your acceptance letter.
- Invoice for fees associated are due no later than August 26, 2017.
- Fees not paid by August 26, 2017 will result in forfeiture of your secured booth for this exhibition and will be offered to someone else.
- It is possible to share a booth, however each party must apply for jury review. If both artists are accepted into the pop-up, the remaining details (amount of post cards, fees etc.) will be divided in half-the same details apply
- There are no early set ups-there will be people available to help you unload your vehicle. Please mark your preferred time on your application and we will do our best to place you in that time slot.
- We WANT to promote you! Please check all information for accuracy including your name as it should appear, address, phone numbers, email address and website.
- There will be limited electricity. Currently the building has no electricity. We are working on getting a generator to offer twinkling lights to add to the ambiance and atmosphere. If you have electricity needs, please plan on using battery for power.
- Upon acceptance you will receive via email your vendor packet. This will confirm your setup times and other details that are helpful for your success.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please contact Susan-Susan@CreateArt4Good.org
This is a juried exhibition.
Work will be accepted from the following categories:
Basketry Functional and sculptural works where the material used is woven or plaited.
Ceramics Functional and sculptural work where the primary material is clay.
Fiber Decorative Wall hangings, quilts, rugs, etc., where the primary material is fiber.
Fiber Wearable Work where the primary intention is to be worn and where the primary material is fiber.
Fine Art Work created in watermedia, oils, printmaking, pastels, colored pencil, encaustics
Furniture Work where the primary intention is furniture, including clocks and lamps. All media are included.
Glass Functional and sculptural work where the primary material is glass that has been handformed, handworked, handblown and or handcast.
Jewelry Work made from materials including 14k gold, 14k gold & precious stones, sterling silver & precious stones, non-precious metals and other materials such as glass, clay, paper, fiber, wood, leather, and polymer clay.
Leather Work where the primary material is leather, including belts, handbags, wearables and sculptural work.
Metal Functional and sculptural work where the primary material is metal.
Mixed Media Where the primary intention of the work is the union of two or more media.
Paper Functional and sculptural work created primarily from handmade paper.
Photography Work created making photographs.
Wood Functional and sculptural work where the primary material is wood.
ALL work MUST be the original work of the artist. No buy sell items will be accepted. Any buy sell items observed the date of the pop-up will be removed. If the artist does not comply, the booth will be removed from the exhibit
Prints are acceptable
GETTING THE WORD OUT: This exhibit will be advertised on both sponsor websites, as well as other opportunities in print, press releases and more. Each booth will receive a minimum of fifty post cards (unless you only want twenty-five) or even more if you wish! We are excited about this exhibit and we will shout it from the rooftops!
ALSO, your artist statement a minimum of two photos and business information will be shared on the Create Art 4 Good event page.
LIABILITY & INSURANCE
The Pop-Up Irondequoit Art Market will not be responsible for damage, theft or loss. Each artist exhibits at his or her own risk and should carry appropriate insurance. Neither the Create Art 4 Good, nor I-Square is responsible for damage, theft or loss of an individual’s work.
You have been through all the details, are you ready for the fun?! JOIN US! This promises to be one amazing and successful exhibit
Fill out your details here: Application Form