First Friday 5-9 pm
Wednesday 10 am – 2 pm Thursday 3-7 pm Friday 2-5pm Saturday 10 am – 3 pm By Chance or Appointment: Susan@CreateArt4Good.org
2019 Create Art 4 Good Exhibition Schedule
- January- Wisdom in the Trees
- February – West Irondequoit Central Schools- “Inspired”
- March- Andrew Dumar
- April- Hannah Morris Hamad
- May- On a Wire- Maia Horvath/Susan Carmen-Duffy
- On a wire-Traditionally a two-dimensional artist will always hang their work on a wire. Galleries require it, and it is more effective and professional to hang work in this manner. For this exhibit, the meaning is a double entendre. Two mixed media artists push outside their comfort zone to take some risks, push boundaries and explore art using practices of assemblage and found objects to incorporate into their work. “On a Wire” celebrates color, curiosity, imagination and the tenacity to walk out on a wire and embrace risks.Maia Horvath and Susan Carmen-Duffy partner in, “On a Wire” which opens Friday, May 3, 2019 from 5-9 pm at Create Art 4 Good, 1115 E. Main Street, Suite #203, (enter at door #5) Rochester, NY, 14609. This exhibit will be open for the month of May. As always a portion of each sale will be donated to a local charity.Create Art 4 Good gallery phone 585.210.3161, website CreateArt4Good.org
- June- The Art of Tea- call 4 Art
Tea by its nature is a ceremonial drink. It is used to comfort and heal, to celebrate and sooth. Tea transcends cultural divides and ushers in an embrace not felt with other drinks. Create Art 4 Good celebrates this social beverage with the Art of Tea! The exhibit opens on June 7th @ 5pm and welcomes the art of local artists who juried into the exhibit! The exhibit and sale will be available throughout the month of June!
- July- Diane Hibbard- Escape Into Nature
- August- Collaborative Wonders
- September- Donna Antonucci
- October- Susan Carmen-Duffy- Anniversary Exhibition
- November 1- 16- Mandala Musing II
- November 22-30 & December 1-21- Gifted- A Curated Holiday Boutique- 201
Blessing Bags: For over six years, we have gathered at Create Art 4 Good to create blessing bags for the homeless. Never again do you have to feel that twinge of discomfort or struggle with the urge to give to someone in need.
We will gather together, bring some items to help create a blessing for the homeless. We will share items with each other and pack zip lock bags for you to distribute. Keep them in your car- you never know when you might have the opportunity to bless someone who needs a little bit of love!
Some really helpful items that cost you nothing, is to save soaps and shampoos from hotel stays, toiletries are important. Also, keep in mind nothing with alcohol – and we usually use foil lined juice boxes not bottles of water as they break down when kept in a car for any length of time. I will publish a list so when you RSVP you can share with me what you are bringing to avoid duplication. Here is an image of one that someone else put together to give you an idea.
OHHHHHH and we ARE doing this at the gallery so of course, we will make love notes to put in each bag. Save the date! Thank you in advance for your generosity!
Next meeting date is June 15
- Black Friday- November 23, 2019- Open 10 am until 9 pm – look for special events!
- Small Business Saturday 10 am until 4 pm
- Tuesdays and Thursdays 10 am until 8 pm
- Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays 10 am until 4 pm
Or by chance or appointment – contact Susan -Susan@CreateArt4Good.org or 585-210-3161
City Magazine Article!