So they say that anything you do can become a habit if you are consistent for twenty-one days. This thought along with my firm idea that everyone is an artist has brought me to the following idea.
It’s spring, darn it. It is time for new life and color and wonder!
My theory on art:
- EVERYONE (yes even you) is an artist. You might not paint with oil, you might not create twenty-foot murals, but YOU, my friend, ARE an artist.
- Art is good- FOR EVERYONE- it is, I promise. You just have to let down your walls, forget the idea of what you currently perceive to be as perfect and breathe.
SO- that said (of course you believe me, right?) I challenge you. To take some time for you, to be creative, for every single one of the thirty days in April.
FIRST, promise me you will do this, (for a minimum of 15 minutes every single day), please?! If the theory of practice makes perfect rings true for you, I want you to understand that this isn’t just a doodle challenge. This is an invitation to bloom just a little bit this spring. This is an invitation to take a break from electronics, business, busyness and breathe. It is self-care, it is soul care and it is beautiful. That said, it is not going to be anything more than what YOU are willing to put into it.
If you agree to this- I promise this will be fun, inspiring and make a mark on your spring. If you do this, you will see that taking a moment (or at least 15) aligns your day in a totally new way. IF YOU DO THIS, you will have something new to discuss with friends, family, and coworkers and maybe inspire THEM to be creative!
See? it could be like a revolution! A Creative revolution! See the difference you have already made? We haven’t even started yet!
So why am I doing this?
I honestly believe art makes a difference in (EVERYONE’s) life. This world can be filled with such negativity, with such incredible pain. I want to inspire beauty, light, hope. I, too want to concentrate on new life, creativity and centering my spirit. I have chosen the month of April because there are many new challenges in my life and I can think of nothing more wonderful than to celebrate with art.
Why should you do it?
- Because it’s FUN, darn it!
- Because taking a break from all those screens actually has health benefits
- Because, speaking of health benefits, the creation of art actually has some too!
- Because, as risks go, this isn’t too scary. Come on…. you know you want to!
SO, Join me! Let’s journey together and create something wonderful, grow a little and BLOOM!
sign up here: The Thirty Day Creative Challenge
I hope you take some time to grow and bloom. This promises to be wonderful!
blessings & great big love to you,